The Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant supports businesses that have been most impacted by the Omicron variant.
Applies to England
The Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant provides local councils with one-off grant funding to support to hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses, in recognition that the rise of the Omicron variant means that some businesses are likely to struggle.
The aim of the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant scheme is to support businesses:
- that offer in-person services
- where the main service and activity takes place in a fixed rate-paying premises
- in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors
Businesses excluded from the fund
You cannot get funding if:
- your business is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- you will exceed the permitted subsidy allowance
- your business is not on the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) ratings list
You must notify your local council if your situation changes and you no longer meet the eligibility criteria, for example, if you become insolvent.
This scheme is covered by 3 possible subsidy allowances:
- Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance – you’re allowed up to £335,000 (subject to exchange rates) in Small Amounts of Financial Assistance over any rolling period of 3 financial years
- COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance – under this allowance you’re allowed up to £1,900,000 across all COVID-19 Business Grant schemes
- COVID-19 Business Grant Special Allowance - if you have reached your limits under the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance and COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance, you may be able to access a further allowance of funding under these scheme rules of up to £10,000,000 across all COVID-19 Business Grant schemes
Grants under these 3 allowances can be combined for a potential total allowance of up to £12,235,000 (subject to exchange rates).
If your business could be subject to the Northern Ireland Protocol, these Allowances may vary under the State aid rules.
How to apply
Visit your local council’s website to find out how to apply.