Become an MOT training provider
How to apply to be an approved training provider of MOT qualification courses.
Courses you can provide
As an approved training provider, you can provide these Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) regulated MOT qualifications:
- Level 2 Award in MOT Testing (classes 1 and 2 - motorcycles)
- Level 2 Award in MOT Testing (classes 4 and 7 - light vehicles)
- Level 3 Award in MOT Test Centre Management
Apply to be a training provider
Contact an awarding organisation to find out:
- if you’re eligible to be a training provider
- how to register with them
You can register with more than one of them.
List of awarding organisations
When you’re approved
You’ll be responsible for approving individual MOT trainers to run the qualification courses.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency doesn’t approve MOT qualification training providers.