Overview of the Civil Service Jobs vX system for recruiters, including search and table layouts.
The Navigation Panel is on the left-hand side of the screen, and is used to access applications, vacancies and interview schedules.
The Dashboard button returns you to the home screen.
If you select Applications or Vacancies, you can see your recently viewed items.
To logout of the system, select your name and Logout.
To view archived vacancies, select your name and Show archived data.To hide archived vacancies, select Hide archived data.
Select the speech bubble icon to view any system messages, errors or updates.
To change your search criteria, select the dropdown and choose:
- Search Applications - enter the candidate’s last name, email or ID.
- Search Vacancies - enter the full (or part of the) vacancy title, or the vacancy ID.
- Saved Searches - select your saved searches.
- Saved Selections - access any saved selections.
- Full Text - search for particular words or phrases within all applications and attachments.
- Smart Search - search the entire system using words, phrases or numbers.
- Advanced Search - select the three dots to use this - it allows you to select specific search criteria.
- Select Begins to change between search results that begin, contain, exactly match or sound like the text you enter.
Recruiter quick links
On your Dashboard there are quick link buttons, which allow you to navigate to the places you use most.
The Advert to Offer tab has quick links to create a vacancy, create an interview or review all candidates with ‘Help Required’ status.
The Pre Employment Checks and Onboarding tab has quick links to see all candidate pre-employment checks and their statuses.
Table layouts show application, vacancy and interview lists and are on the Navigation Panel. You can filter information, reorder it, select rows and export to Excel.
Use the Displaying dropdown to change the number of items displayed.
Use the Selected dropdown to select or deselect multiple list items.
Use Filter results to search and filter the list. You can also select the down arrow to filter individual or multiple columns.
Use Layout to select a different layout. These display the most common searches.
You can select individual or multiple rows from a table. If you want to view only your selected rows, select the Results dropdown then Show only selected.
To go to the full record for any row you can double-click it, or select it and click View from the List Action Toolbar (located under the main search box).
You can export your table into Excel by selecting Download layout.
Widgets are displays for your Dashboard, which show important data. They help you manage workflow, and access vacancies and applications.
There are widgets on your Advert to Offer and Pre Employment Checks and Onboarding tabs.
In each widget you can:
- expand or collapse it by selecting the icons in the top right corner,
- search for particular vacancies or candidates using Filter,
- click the column headings to sort vacancies or candidates, and
- double-click the row you want to select to view vacancy or candidate information.
Vacancies at Recruitment Review Status shows vacancies that are ready to be reviewed and posted.
Vacancies at Vacancy Requires Update shows vacancies that have been pushed back for the vacancy holder to amend or update. Once the vacancy holder has made these updates, the vacancy will move back to Vacancies at Recruitment Review Status.
Candidates at Right to Work Check Available status shows Right to Work Checks that are awaiting action.
Candidates at Right to Work - Awaiting Documentation status shows Right to Work Checks that are awaiting documentation. Once the vacancy holder has provided this, the candidate will move back to Right to Work Check Available status.
Candidates at Pre-Employment Checks status - Not Assigned shows all candidates who are undergoing pre-employment checks, and need to be assigned to a recruiter.
Pre Employment Checks Started - Quick Overview shows an overview of all candidates undergoing pre-employment checks, and the status of each check.
The following widgets show the status of each outstanding pre-employment check:
- Pre Employment Checks - Transfer of Staff Data Form Outstanding
- Pre Employment Checks - Employment History Outstanding
- Pre Employment Checks - Reference Check Outstanding
- Pre Employment Checks - Criminal record Check Outstanding
- Pre Employment Checks - National Security Vetting Check Outstanding
- Pre Employment Checks - Bankruptcy Check Outstanding
- Pre Employment Checks - Health Check Outstanding
- Pre Employment Checks - Overseas Check Outstanding
- Pre Employment Checks - Pension Check Outstanding
- Pre Employment Checks - Previous Civil Service Employment Check Outstanding
- Pre Employment Checks - Self employment Check Outstanding
Candidates at Onboarding - Finalise NEN status shows Other Government Department, External and Non-Departmental Public Body candidates. The vacancy holder has completed the New Entrant Notification, and is awaiting onboarding actions.
Candidates at Posting Notice Form Complete status shows all Internal candidates where the vacancy holder has completed the Posting Notice. They are awaiting onboarding actions.
Candidates at First Day Arrangements status shows all candidates with First Day Arrangements status, who are awaiting a formal offer.
All vacancy information is shown on the Vacancy Summary page.
Vacancy information tabs
- Vacancy Details shows essential information which is used to build the advert on Civil Service Jobs. You can edit vacancy details by selecting Edit.
- Candidate Forms shows the forms attached to each application stage. These are set automatically.
- Panel allows you to add, edit or remove panel members.
- Interviews shows all Interview Schedules for the vacancy.
- External Postings allows you to post the vacancy to Civil Service Jobs.
- Applications shows applications and their status.
- History records all changes to the vacancy, and any vacancy emails that have been sent.
You can Copy or Add Comment to a vacancy using the List Action Toolbar, under the main search box.
All information about an individual application is shown on the application summary page.
Candidate information tabs
- Candidate Summary shows important candidate information. You can Add Application Comments in this tab.
- Comments allows you to Add Comments and Store against candidate.
Application Forms shows all application and recruiter forms attached to the
- Forms will open in a new tab.
- In each form you can Edit, Print, Close or Compare another form.
- You can add a form by selecting +Add Form.
- Other Applications shows a list of the candidate’s other applications, including those in archived vacancies.
- Test results is present when online tests are required. It gives an overview of the candidate’s progress and scores.
- References shows the references issued for a candidate once they have reached pre-employment checks, and their status.
- History shows an application audit trail.
Status buttons show under the candidate’s name. Use these to move candidate to the next status in the process, however we recommend doing this in bulk on the Application table layout - select Status, then Progress.
List action toolbar
This toolbar shows under the main search box. You can use this to Print Package, send Communications and change candidate Status.
Help and support
Contact the Product and Support Team if you have a technical problem: firstname.lastname@example.org.