If you need to use the Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system to make an import or export declarations you'll need to tell HMRC your full contact details so they can be linked to your CHIEF badge.
You’ll use the Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system to make a declaration. You’ll need to both:
- apply for access to CHIEF
- buy commercial software that can submit declarations through CHIEF
Information you need
You’ll need to include information such as:
- your contact details
- your EORI number
- which Community System Provider you’ll be using
- the badge allocated by the Community System Provider
- the port or location where your goods will travel through
- the Entry Processing Unit (EPU) number
How to download the form
This form is interactive (one that you complete on screen) and you must use Adobe Reader open and to complete it. Download the latest free version of Adobe Reader.
. If you’re using Windows, right click the link, then select ‘Save target as’ or ‘Save link as’. If you’re using a Mac, right click on the link to the form below, then select ‘Save linked file as’.
Save the form on your computer and open it using Adobe Reader. It may not work it you try to open it in your internet browser.
If the form does not open, then contact the Online Services helpdesks for more help.
Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).