Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means
Statutory guidance for headteachers and local authority assessment co-ordinators assessing and reporting the early years foundation stage (EYFS) during the 2015 to 2016 academic year.
The early years foundation stage profile will be statutory for the 2016 to 2017 academic year. The handbook will be updated in the autumn term.
For those who may wish to print out the guidance in full, there is also a PDF format version of this publication available.
- Section 1: Introduction About the EYFS ARA and how to use the new manuals format
- Section 2: Early years foundation stage profile An overview of the EYFS profile and information about completing the profile and exemptions from assessment
- Section 3: Moderation Information about independent moderation and the responsibilities of headteachers, governing bodies and managers
- Section 4: Reporting and using results Reporting to parents, governing body responsibilities and how EYFS profile assessment results are used
- Section 5: Legal requirements and responsibilities The legal status of the ARA, how it applies to different EYFS settings, responsibilities of those who assess or report on EYFS and legal definitions