The government has stopped funding the Green Deal Finance Company, which was set up to lend money to Green Deal providers. Find out how this affects you.
The Green Deal helps you make energy-saving improvements to your home and find the best way to pay for them.
The improvements that could save you the most energy depend on your home, but typical examples include:
- insulation, eg solid wall, cavity wall or loft insulation
- double glazing
- renewable energy generation, eg solar panels or heat pumps
Find out if your home will benefit
There are various ways to check if your property could benefit from energy-saving improvements:
- talk to a Green Deal assessor or provider
- use the energy grants calculator
- talk to Energy Savings Advice Service if you’re in England or Wales, or Home Energy Scotland if you’re in Scotland
The Green Deal may be right for you if you think your property could benefit from energy-saving improvements.
Energy Saving Advice Service
0300 123 1234
Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm
Home Energy Scotland
0808 808 2282
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday, 9am to 5pm
The Green Deal isn’t available in Northern Ireland.
Green Deal mark
All Green Deal organisations must be authorised - look for the quality mark.
You can also check if a Green Deal company is genuine.