The British High Commission in Seychelles is responsible for developing and maintaining relations between the UK and Seychelles.

Check our opening hours

Services for British nationals

Urgent assistance

If you are in Seychelles and you urgently need consular assistance (eg if you’ve been attacked, arrested or there has been a death), call +248 428 3666. If you are in the UK and concerned about a British national in Seychelles, contact us on 020 7008 1500.

Get or renew a passport

The British High Commission cannot help with passport enquiries. Contact Her Majesty’s Passport Office if you need help.

If you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel, you may be able to get an emergency travel document

Get an emergency travel document

You can apply for an emergency travel document if you’re abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired, and you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel. If you are due to travel in the next 24 hours, contact us as soon as possible.

Apply online for an emergency travel document if you:

  • are over 16 years old and
  • are a British citizen and
  • have previously owned a British passport

Contact us to apply for an emergency travel document if you are:

  • over 16 years old but have not owned a British passport before or
  • not a British citizen or
  • applying for a child under 16 years old

Once you have contacted us, you will be advised to make an appointment to apply for an emergency travel document at the British High Commission in Victoria.

For information and advice on travelling to Seychelles, see travel advice for Seychelles.

Get a visa

The British high commission cannot help with visa enquiries.

If you are not a British national, you may need a visa to travel to the UK. Check if you need a UK visa.

If you are a British national travelling abroad and need to apply for a visa to visit a particular country or check if you need a visa, see the entry requirements on our foreign travel advice for the country you want to visit.

For more information on visas, see UK visas and immigration.

Marriage and civil partnerships

We cannot issue certificates of no impediment, affirmations or affidavits of marital status. For information on getting married in Seychelles, see getting married abroad.

Register a birth or death

You cannot register a birth or death at the high commission. Find out how to register a birth or register a death that occurred in Seychelles.

Bereavement support

If the death occurred in Seychelles and you are still in the country, contact us. If you’re in the UK and hear of the death of a relative from a third party, you should contact the Foreign and Commonwealth Office on 020 7008 1500.

Read our guidance on bereavement support and coping with death abroad.

Support if you have been arrested

We’ll do all we can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you’ve been detained or arrested, and will give you a prisoner pack with information for British prisoners in Seychelles. We cannot get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings.

Notarial and documentary services

For legal reasons, we are unable to carry out notarial acts in Commonwealth countries. This includes certifying documents as true copies of originals, administering oaths or taking affidavits. For these or other notarial acts, you should contact a local notary.

Legalisation services

British High Commission Victoria does not provide legalisation services.

Ask the UK government to get a UK document legalised (certified as genuine).

Local service providers

Use our lists of local suppliers and services if you need help in Seychelles. Please note that inclusion in these lists does not constitute official endorsement by the British high commission or the UK government.

How else we can help

In addition to the services listed above we can also:

For general information on living in or planning to live in Seychelles, see living in Seychelles

What the high commission cannot do for you

Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:

  • help you enter a country, for example, if you don’t have a visa or your passport is not valid
  • give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers
  • get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
  • pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you’ll have to pay back)
  • make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation
  • make business arrangements on your behalf

Consular fees

We charge fees for some of our services. See the full list of consular fees in Seychelles

Our people

Caron Rohsler

Caron Rohsler

British High Commissioner to Seychelles

Contact us

British High Commission Victoria

3rd Floor, Oliaji Trade Centre
Francis Rachel Street


Opening hours:

Monday to Thursday: 4:30am to 8am
(telephone enquiries 4am – midday)
Friday: CLOSED
(telephone enquiries 4am – 10am)

Local time
Monday to Thursday: 8:30am to midday
(telephone enquiries 8am – 4pm)
Friday: CLOSED
(telephone enquiries 8am – 2pm)

Access and opening times