We support the full range of British government objectives across five countries: Cameroon, Gabon, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Central African Republic, in the sub-region.

We offer consular support to British nationals across five countries, including through a network of resident honorary consuls:

  • Cameroon, with whom the UK has historically had close and friendly ties, and with which it shares a binding colonial past
  • Gabon, with whom the UK has historic diplomatic, commercial and climate change ties, and where the UK opened a dedicated commercial office in 2012
  • Chad, which emerged from conflict in 2009, and is becoming an increasingly close partner on regional security issues
  • Equatorial Guinea, with whom the UK has commercial links
  • Central African Republic, where the UK is working with international partners to help build stronger democracy, peace, stability and poverty eradication.

In Cameroon, we support the country’s goal of becoming an emerging economy by 2035 by supporting sustainable democratic reform, challenging corruption, supporting adherence to international human rights standards and improving commercial co-operation. We work closely together as partners in the Commonwealth.

In Gabon, our dedicated commercial office is increasing trade between our two countries, building on existing business links, as part of Gabon’s commitment to becoming an emerging economy by 2025. We also work together on climate change issues.

In Chad, we work closely with diplomatic partners, the UN – including on the UN Security Council - and other agencies to support Chad’s development following the country’s emergence from conflict in 2009. We also engage with the Chadian Government on wider issues in the Sahel, including development and counter-terrorism, recent events in Mali and on Sudan.

In Equatorial Guinea, we are working to develop closer commercial links to support UK prosperity and pro-poor development. We also work with international partners to support improved governance and respect for human rights.

In Central African Republic, we work closely with international partners, the UN – including on the UN Security Council - and other agencies to support democracy, human rights and peace and stability in this fragile state.

Across the sub-region, we support co-operation on climate change and energy security.

Our services


For information on whether you require a visa for the United Kingdom and how to apply, go to website of the UK Border Agency.

Consular Guidance

For information on what to know when planing to live in Cameroon and lists of Doctors in Gabon and also lists of English speaking Lawyers in Gabon.

Registering a birth or death, getting married

How to register a birth or death overseas and information on legal documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad.

Passports and emergency travel documents

For information on how to apply for your first passport or renew an existing passport, please visit the overseas passport section of this website. Please note that consulates cannot deal with individual enquiries about passport applications.

If your passport is not available or has expired and you need to travel urgently, see the information on how to get an Emergency Travel Document.

Travel Advice

Information on staying safe and avoiding problems when living or travelling abroad, with links to our embassies, high commissions and other diplomatic posts across the world.

Legalisation Service

How to get official confirmation that your UK public documentation is genuine so it can be accepted by foreign authorities. The UK does not require any documents to be legalised for use within the UK.

Funding for Projects

How to apply for project funding from the British High Commission in Yaounde.

Our people

H.E Brian Olley

H.E Brian Olley

British High Commissioner to Cameroon

    Contact us

    British High Commission Yaounde

    British High Commission in Yaounde
    Avenue Winston Churchill,
    P.O Box 547, Yaounde,

    Centre Region

    The British High Commission Yaounde would be temporarily closed on the 11 March for Staff Away Day.

    Access and opening times

    Corporate information

    Help us improve GOV.UK

    Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.