We develop and maintain relations between the United Kingdom and Namibia.

We deal with a wide range of political, commercial, security and economic questions of interest to the UK and Namibia. We provide consular assistance to British nationals in Namibia.

Our services


This Embassy does not deal with visa matters. For information on whether you need a visa to travel to the United Kingdom and how to apply, please see the UK Visas & Immigration page

Births, deaths and marriages

Information on how you can register a birth or death which occurred overseas, and legal documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad.

Passports and emergency travel documents

How to renew or replace your British passport when visiting the UK and information on getting replacement travel documents if your passport is lost or stolen.

Details of how to get a passport extension can be found here. If you want to make an appointment, contact our Consular section using the details at the foot of this page.

Travel advice

Information on staying safe and avoiding problems when living or travelling abroad, with links to our embassies, high commissions and other diplomatic posts across the world.

Legalisation Service

How to get official confirmation that your UK public documentation is genuine so it can be accepted by foreign authorities. The UK does not require any documents to be legalised for use within the UK.

Our people

Marianne Young

Marianne Young

British High Commissioner to Namibia

    Contact us

    British High Commission Windhoek

    116 Robert Mugabe Ave, P.O. Box 22202

    Access and opening times