The British High Commission in Kingston is responsible for developing and maintaining relations between the United Kingdom and Jamaica.

We have a close working relationship with the Jamaican authorities. The high commission’s tasks are to present UK policies to the Jamaican government and to Jamaicans, to report and explain Jamaican policies and views to the government in London, and to support UK interests.

The Department for International Development has an office in Jamaica which focuses on wealth creation, improving disaster resilience, and tackling crime and corruption.

Our Services

If you or someone you know is in urgent need of consular assistance, or if you have lost your passport and are due to travel in the next 24 hours, please call us for immediate advice and assistance. If you're in the UK and a friend or relative needs our help overseas, please call the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London for practical support and advice.

Support for British nationals

We offer assistance following the death, hospitalisation, arrest, or other serious incident involving a British national, and provide information on local lawyers and prisons.

Find out more about the assistance we provide

Emergency travel documents for British nationals

We may be able to provide an emergency travel document (ETD) if you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

You can apply for an ETD if you’re a British national outside the UK and your passport has been lost, stolen, damaged, or expired. It doesn’t guarantee entry to every country; read what an ETD does and what you need to provide to get one. Please call us as soon as possible if: you are due to travel within the next 24 hours, or you have never held a British passport, or if you are applying on behalf of a child.

Make an appointment in Kingston for this service

Services not offered in Kingston but available elsewhere

Visa enquiries

Check if you need a visa for the United Kingdom and apply to UK Visas and Immigration.

Passport renewal

Find out how to apply for your first passport or renew an existing passport from Her Majesty’s Passport Office.

Births, deaths and marriages

Find out how to register a birth or death overseas, and documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad.

Notarial and documentary services

Information on how to obtain notarial and documentary services in Jamaica.

Travel Advice

For information on staying safe and avoiding problems when living or travelling abroad, including details of entry requirements and local laws and customs, see our travel advice for Jamaica and other countries in the region.

Living in Jamaica

For information on how to access services not provided by the High Commission, such as healthcare and education, see our guides to living in Jamaica, and the Bahamas.

Other locations in the region

We have a network of offices throughout the region. Find out what services are available in Barbados, Cuba ,the Dominican Republic, Haiti, St Lucia, and Trinidad & Tobago.

Our people

David Fitton CMG

David Fitton CMG

British High Commissioner to Jamaica

Contact us

British High Commission Kingston

British High Commission
P O Box 575
28 Trafalgar Road
Kingston 10


Access and opening times

Press enquiries

British High Commission
P O Box 575
28 Trafalgar Road

Kingston 10

Our press and public affairs officers answer media enquiries about the UK government and the work of the British High Commission in Kingston.

Access and opening times