British Ambassador to Armenia
The British Embassy in Yerevan works to develop and sustain bilateral relations between the UK and Armenia. We deal with political, human rights, cultural and economic questions of interest to the UK and Armenia.
We work to improve human rights and good governance, and support various projects to improve this areas. We work closely with the Department of Defence Policy to maintain relations between the UK and Armenia on defence matters. We support UK trade and economy, and develop stronger ties with Armenian commercial sectors.
Visit our travel advice for Armenia for information, news and updates, to ensure you stay safe, avoid problems, and make informed decisions when living or travelling abroad.
How to renew or replace your British passport if you are outside the UK and information on getting replacement travel documents if your passport is lost or stolen.
Emergency travel documents
We may be able to provide an emergency travel document if you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel. If you are due to travel in the next 24 hours, you should contact your nearest consulate as soon as possible. For all other applications, please check what you must bring with you and then make an appointment at your nearest consulate using the links below. Please call your nearest consulate for advice before making an appointment if:
- you have never applied for a British passport before
- you are applying on behalf of a child
An emergency travel document does not guarantee entry to every country. Read what an emergency travel document does.
The British Embassy Yerevan does not issue ETD’s. The application is made here and the paperwork is then sent to a neighbouring Post.This takes time and you may have to change your travel plans.
Births,deaths and marriages
Understanding your legal requirements in Armenia and how you can register a birth or death, and information on legal documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad.
Visit the Legalisation Office website for information on how to get official confirmation that your UK public documentation is genuine, so it can be accepted by foreign authorities. The UK does not require any documents to be legalised for use within the UK.
Notarial and documentary services
Information about official documents, certificates, letters, and notarial services available at British Embassy in Yerevan
List of lawyers and interpreters
A list of English speaking lawyers and translators who may be able to help you with official transactions in Armenia. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy or the UK government
List of medical facilities/practitioners
A list of English speaking medical facilities/practitioners in Armenia who may be able to help you while you are in Armenia. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy or the UK government
Explanation of the prison pack for Armenia for British nationals.
How else we can help
In addition to the services listed above we can also:
- provide information about transferring funds
- provide appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious assault, are a victim of other crime, or are in hospital
- help people with mental illness
- provide details of local lawyers, interpreters, doctors and funeral directors
- do all we properly can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you have been detained
- offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child abductions, death of relatives overseas, missing people and kidnapping
- contact family or friends for you if you want
- make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters
For Consular enquiries contact at Consular.Yerevan@fco.gov.uk
Contact address for consular complaints
In an emergency outside these hours please contact 010-26 43 01 and choose the option for Consular Services.
What our consulate cannot do for you
Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:
- get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
- help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
- give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers
- get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
- pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you will have to pay back)
- make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation
- make business arrangements on your behalf
The British Embassy Yerevan does not deal with visa matters. For information on whether you need a visa to travel to the United Kingdom and how to apply, please see the UK Visas & Immigration page.
Deputy Head of Mission, Armenia
British Embassy Yerevan
34 Baghramyan Avenue
Telephone +374 10 264301
Fax +374 10 264318