The Philippines and the UK enjoy good relations as longstanding partners and allies. Both are outward looking island nations committed to democracy, trade and investment, and support for the United Nations. As well as close government-to-government relations, the two nations have contacts at all levels of civil society. We are also here to support and protect UK interests in the Philippines and Palau.

We develop the already close and substantive bilateral relationship by focusing on several important areas of co-operation:

  • working with the Philippines government on issues of common concern, such as human rights issues, environment, economic development, disaster planning, international crime and kidnapping

  • maximising commercial opportunities for British business. Britain has major investments in the Philippines concentrated in power, energy, agri-business, transport, water and financial services. Bilateral trade is worth around US$2bn annually, with the balance in the Philippines’ favour. The UK is one of the largest foreign investors in the Philippines

  • supporting the work of the Philippine Government and Non-Governmental Organisations in conflict prevention and peace building

  • providing assistance and sharing knowledge on combating domestic and international terrorism

  • encouraging inter-faith dialogue between Muslims, Christians and Indigenous Peoples

Our services

Out-of-hours emergency assistance

British nationals who urgently require consular assistance outside normal office hours should call +63 2 858 2200 where they will be given details on how to proceed.

Emergency travel documents

We may be able to provide an emergency travel document if you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel. If you are due to travel in the next 24 hours, you should call the British Embassy Manila as soon as possible.

For all other applications, please check what you must bring with you and then make an appointment using the links below. Please call the British Embassy Manila before making an appointment if:

  • you have never applied for a British passport before
  • you are applying on behalf of a child

An emergency travel document does not guarantee entry to every country. Read what an emergency travel document does.

Book an appointment for an emergency travel document at the British Embassy Manila

Passport application

Passport applications from Manila are now handled by Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO) in the UK. Please click the above link for information on how to apply for your first passport or renew an existing passport.

Please note that our embassies/consulates cannot deal with individual enquiries about passport applications.


For information about whether you require a visa to the United Kingdom and how to apply go to UK visas and immigration. Should you need to ask a question about UK visas or your visa application you will find telephone, email and webchat contact details on this page. Staff at our Embassy and visa application centres cannot help with any visa enquiries.

Notarial and documentary services

Information about official documents, certificates, and notes available at the British Embassy in Manila.

Births, deaths and marriages

Information on how you can register a birth or death which occurred overseas, and legal documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad

List of lawyers and interpreters

A list of English speaking lawyers, translators and interpreters who may be able to help you with official translations in English. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy or the UK government.

Prisoner pack

Philippines – Prisoner Pack: explanation of the legal and prison system to British nationals.

Travel advice

Information, news and updates to ensure you stay safe, avoid problems, and make informed decisions when living or travelling in the Philippines

Guides we produce

Living in the Philippines - a general set of information and links for British nationals who have a residence in the Philippines.

Getting married in the Philippines – list of requirements and procedures for an affirmation or affidavit of marital status. Please note that from 1st March 2014, the Consular Section will issue a new-style affirmation or an affidavit to marry. Local authorities have confirmed that they will accept this document. This replaces the old-style Certificate of No Impediment (CNI).

Consular birth registration – list of requirements and procedures for registering a birth in the Philippines.

Adoption – including details of who you need to talk to and what documents you may require.

Consular fees - List of charges for some services we provide at the embassy. Payment should be made in cash or manager’s cheque made payable to ‘British Embassy’.

What the Embassy can do for you

  • issue emergency travel documents if you are eligible
  • provide information about transferring funds
  • provide appropriate help if you are a victim of crime, need medical help or are in hospital
  • provide details of local lawyers, interpreters, doctors and funeral directors
  • do all we properly can to contact you as soon as possible after being told that you have been detained
  • offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as international child abduction, death of relatives * overseas, missing people and kidnapping
  • provide information and documents for you to get married in the Philippines
  • provide notarial and documentary services

What the Embassy cannot do for you

  • get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
  • help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
  • give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers
  • get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
  • pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you will have to pay back)
  • make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation
  • make business arrangements on your behalf

Our publications

Documents and guidance on consular services offered by the British Embassy Manila.

Chevening Scholarships

Chevening Scholarships are one-year Masters’ programmes for graduates from anywhere in the world who could be future leaders. Find out how to apply.

Our people

Asif Ahmad

Asif Ahmad

British Ambassador to the Philippines

Contact us

British Embassy Manila

120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill
Taguig City
1634 Manila

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday - 8:00am to 4:45pm

Access and opening times

British Embassy Manila - Consular section

120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill
1634 Taguig City

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 11:30am*
*By appointment

Access and opening times

UK Trade & Investment

120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill
1634 Taguig city

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday - 8:00am to 4:45pm

Access and opening times

British Consulate Cebu

Contact the Consular section for assistance.
Cebu City

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday*
*Mornings only, by appointment

Access and opening times