British Ambassador to Qatar
We develop and maintain relations between the United Kingdom and Qatar.
We deal with a wide range of political, commercial, security and economic questions of interest to the UK and Qatar. We work to help British companies succeed in Qatar and provide a wide range of consular services to British nationals.
Details of how to get a passport extension can be found here. If you want to make an appointment, contact our Consular section using the details at the foot of this page.
Visit our travel advice for Qatar for information, news and updates, to ensure you stay safe, avoid problems, and make informed decisions when living or travelling abroad.
Passports and emergency travel documents
How to renew or replace your British passport if you are outside the UK and information on getting replacement travel documents if your passport is lost or stolen.
This Embassy does not deal with visa matters. For information on whether you need a visa to travel to the United Kingdom and how to apply, please see the UK Visas & Immigration page.
Births, deaths and marriages
Understanding your legal requirements in Qatar and how you can register a birth or death, and information on legal documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad.
Visit the Legalisation Office website for information on how to get official confirmation that your UK public documentation is genuine, so it can be accepted by foreign authorities. If you need information on how to prepare your documents for use in the State of Qatar please see our detailed guidance. The UK does not require any documents to be legalised for use within the UK.
Notarial and documentary services
Details of how to apply for a Police Clearance certificate can be found here.
Living in Qatar
This guide sets out essential information for British nationals residing in Qatar, including advice on health, education, benefits, residence requirements and more.
List of lawyers and interpreters
A list of English speaking lawyers and translators who may be able to help you with official transactions in Qatar. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy or the UK government
Explanation of the prison system in Qatar for British nationals.
How else we can help
In addition to the services listed above we can also:
- issue emergency passports (emergency travel documents)
- provide information about transferring funds
- provide appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious assault, are a victim of other crime, or are in hospital
- help people with mental illness
- provide details of local lawyers, interpreters, doctors and funeral directors
- do all we properly can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you have been detained
- offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child abductions, death of relatives overseas, missing people and kidnapping
- contact family or friends for you if you want
- make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters
What our consulate cannot do for you
Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:
- get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
- help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
- give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers
- get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
- pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you will have to pay back)
- make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation
- make business arrangements on your behalf
British Embassy Doha, main contact
off Wahda St near Rainbow roundabout
PO Box 3 Doha
Telephone +974 4496 2000
Fax +974 4496 2086
British Embassy, PO Box 3, Doha.
Tel: 00974 44962000
Location: West Bay, off Wahda St near Rainbow roundabout.
Embassy Office hours: Sunday to Thursday 08:00- 15:30
The consular appointment hours are: Sunday and Wednesday 10-2
For information about:
Consular services to British nationals: consular.DOHAA@fco.gov.uk
UK Trade & Investment enquiries: UKTI.Doha@fco.gov.uk
Visa International Enquiry Service: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk