Ambassador to Serbia
We are responsible for bilateral relations between the UK and Serbia. We work on a wide range of issues including Serbia’s EU accession agenda and political reforms, conflict prevention, defence cooperation, trade and investment, and the fight against organised crime.
The UK’s main goal in Serbia is to see the implementation of the political, economic and social reforms necessary for Serbia’s EU accession. We encourage Serbia to act positively in the region, to help encourage peace, security and reconciliation in the Western Balkans.
We work with our Serbian partners to improve the rule of law, and to develop a more competitive and investment-friendly environment.
We work with Serbia’s armed forces to share expertise, develop stronger ties, and encourage peace and security in Serbia and the wider region. Our police co-operation work, including through EU Twinning projects, is helping Serbia to combat serious and organised crime.
We provide consular support to British citizens.
Visit our travel advice for Serbia for information, news updates, to ensure you stay safe, avoid problems, and make informed decisions when living or travelling abroad.
How to renew or replace your British passport if you live outside the UK and information on getting replacement travel documents if your passport is lost or stolen. Please note that our consulate cannot deal with individual enquiries about passport applications.
If your passport has been lost or stolen you will need a police report before an emergency travel document can be issued. You can make a police report at the nearest Police office.
Details of how to get a passport extension can be found here. If you want to make an appointment, contact our Consular Section using the details at the foot of this page.
This Embassy does not deal with visa matters. For information on whether you need a visa to travel to the United Kingdom and how to apply, please see the UK Visas & Immigration page.
Births, deaths and marriages
Information on how you can register a birth, death or marriage which occurred overseas, and legal documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad.
Visit the Legalisation Office website for information on how to get official confirmation that your UK public documentation is genuine, so it can be accepted by foreign authorities. The UK does not require any documents to be legalised for use within the UK.
Notarial and documentary services
List of lawyers and interpreters
A list of English speaking lawyers who may be able to help you with legal matters in Serbia. A separate list of interpreters and translators is also available. Inclusion in these lists does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy Belgrade or the UK government.
Explanation of the prison system in Serbia for British nationals.
Living in Serbia
We also produce a guide for British nationals who live in Serbia who need information about services that are not provided by our Consulates, but that you may find useful in specific circumstances.
How else we can help
In addition to the services listed above, for British nationals needing emergency consular assistance, we can:
- provide information about transferring funds
- help people with mental illness
- offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child protection and abductions, kidnappings or someone who is missing abroad and how to make a missing persons report
- provide consular assistance to British nationals who are victims of rape or serious sexual assault or any other serious crime
- help in contacting your family or friends when you are not able to do yourself because you are ill, in hospital, have been arrested etc
- provide advice following the death of a British national in Serbia, where possible we will try to notify the next of kin
- make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters
- offer support and information when a British national is detained or arrested outside the UK
What consulates cannot do for you
Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:
- get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
- help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
- give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases
- get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
- pay any bills or give you money
- make travel arrangements for you, find you work, accommodation, or make business arrangements on your behalf
- get involved in private disputes over property, employment, commercial or other matters
- renew or replace a full British passport
British Embassy Belgrade
Telephone +381 (11) 3060 900
Fax +381 (11) 3061 070
Please note that visa enquires to this mailbox will not be processed. If you have a visa enquiry or questions about the documents needed to enter the UK, please see the visa information above.
Consular email address: Belgrade.email@example.com
(Not for visa and passport matters)
(Consular enquiries only - not for visa or passport enquiries)
British nationals who need emergency assitance outside normal office hours should call +381 11 306 0900 where they will be given details on how to proceed and how to contact a duty officer if needed.