British Ambassador to Turkmenistan
We support the British government's strategic goals.
We work on security matters that include energy, Afghanistan and broader regional stability issues; the prosperity agenda including support for British Business; and consular support for British and certain other nationals in Turkmenistan.
The Embassy also works hard to promote respect for human rights, the rule of law, good governance and political and social reforms. The Ambassador is supported by 17 other members of staff.
Visit our travel advice for Turkmenistan for information, news and updates, to ensure you stay safe, avoid problems, and make informed decisions when living or travelling abroad.
For information on whether you require a visa for the United Kingdom and how to apply, go to the UK Visas and immigration website.
Emergency travel documents
We may be able to provide an emergency travel document if you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel. If you are due to travel in the next 24 hours, you should contact your nearest consulate as soon as possible.
For all other applications, please check what you must bring with you and then make an appointment at your nearest consulate using the links below. Please call your nearest consulate for advice before making an appointment if:
- you have never applied for a British passport before
- you are applying on behalf of a child
An emergency travel document does not guarantee entry to every country. Read what an emergency travel document does.
You won’t be able to enter or transit Turkmenistan using a UK Emergency Travel Document (ETD). If your ETD has been issued in Turkmenistan, you will need an exit visa from the State Migration Service of Turkmenistan or Department of Visa and Registration before you can travel out of Turkmenistan. This process can take up to 5 working days.
Births, deaths and marriages
Understanding your legal requirements in Turkmenistan and how you can register a birth or death, and information on legal documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad.
There are no changes to the entitlement to register a birth or death. The processing time will remain the same. However, you will now need to allow extra time for the documents to be sent to and from the UK. See www.gov.uk/register-a-birth or www.gov.uk/register-a-death for further information.
Visit the Legalisation Office website for information on how to get official confirmation that your UK public documentation is genuine, so it can be accepted by foreign authorities. The UK does not require any documents to be legalised for use within the UK.
Notarial and documentary services
Information about the notarial and documentary services available at the British Embassy in Turkmenistan.
List of lawyers and interpreters
A list of English speaking lawyers and translators who may be able to help you with official transactions in Turkmenistan. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy or the UK government
Explanation of the prison system in Turkmenistan for British nationals.
Turkmenistan - List of funeral directors
A list of English speaking funeral directors who may be able to help you with funeral service. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy or the UK government.
Turkmenistan - List of medical facilities/practitioners
A list of English speaking medical facilities/practitioners who may be able to help you with medical service. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy or the UK government.
How else we can help
In addition to the services listed above we can also:
- issue emergency passports (emergency travel documents)
- provide information about transferring funds
- provide appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious assault, are a victim of other crime, or are in hospital
- help people with mental illness
- provide details of local lawyers, interpreters, doctors and funeral directors
- do all we properly can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you have been detained
- offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child abductions, death of relatives overseas, missing people and kidnapping
- contact family or friends for you if you want
- make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters
What our Embassy cannot do for you
Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:
- get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
- help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
- give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers
- get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
- pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you will have to pay back)
- make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation
- make business arrangements on your behalf
Compliments and complaints procedure
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office is committed to providing a high-quality service to everyone we deal with. In order to do this we need you to give us any comments about our service. Please e-mail us your comments on firstname.lastname@example.org and, if necessary, visit the complaints procedure on GOV.UK for further information.
British Embassy Ashgabat
3rd Floor Office Building
Four Points Ak Altyn Hotel
Fax +99 312 363 465
Telephone +993 12 36 34 62/64 or +99365 71 20 33
If you are having difficulty with the main telephone number for the Embassy, please try any of the following: +993 12 363463, 363464, 363466, 363498 or 363474; or +99365 7102033; or call the FCO Switchboard in London on +44 (0)20 7008 1500 for assistance.Access and opening times
3rd Floor Office Building
Four Points Ak Altyn Hotel
Contact form https://www.visainfose...
Telephone +993 12 36 34 62/64 (user pay)
Our opening hours are according to the appointed date and time set through www.visa4uk.com
Passport collection times will be advised individually over phone
Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information.