The British Consulate General in Denver represents the UK government in Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming.

This involves work across political, commercial, security and economic areas of interest to the UK.

Services to the public are not offered at the British Consulate General in Denver. Please contact the British Consulate General in Houston for assistance .

Services not offered in Denver, but available elsewhere

Visa enquiries

Check if you need a visa for the United Kingdom and apply to UK Visas and Immigration.

Support for British nationals

We offer assistance following the death, hospitalisation, arrest, or other serious incident involving a British national

Passport renewal

Find out how to apply for your first passport or renew an existing passport from Her Majesty’s Passport Office.

Emergency travel documents for British nationals

You may qualify to get an emergency travel document (ETD) if you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

You can apply for an ETD if you’re a British national outside the UK and your passport has been lost, stolen, damaged, or expired. It doesn’t guarantee entry to every country. Read what an ETD does and what you need to provide to get one. Please call our office in Houston as soon as possible if: you are due to travel within the next 24 hours, or you have never held a British passport, or if you are applying on behalf of a child.

Make an appointment in Houston for an Emergency Travel Document.

Passport extensions

You may qualify to extend the validity of your current British passport in certain circumstances. To make an appointment, please call +1 713 659 6270 telephone during business hours and select the Service Centre (option 1) followed by 0.

Notarial and documentary services

A range range of services relating to official documents, certificates, and letters are available from some of our offices in the USA.

Births, deaths and marriages

Find out how to register a birth or death overseas, and documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad.

Travel Advice

For information on staying safe and avoiding problems when living or travelling abroad, including details of entry requirements and local laws and customs, see our travel advice for the USA.

Living in the USA

For information on how to access services not provided by the embassy or consulates , such as healthcare and education, see our guide to living in the USA

Other locations in the USA

We have a network of offices throughout the country. Find out what services are available in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, and Washington DC.

Our people

Contact us

British Consulate General Denver

World Trade Centre Tower
1625 Broadway, Suite 720

Denver CO 80202

Access and opening times