Travel advice for fans travelling to the United States this summer to attend friendly matches across the country.
For a comprehensive list of football matches and where they are being played, please refer to the table below. Each match venue have their own websites which provide information on how to get to the game, what items are allowed or are not permitted, and any special requirements.
In addition to this advice, please review our travel advice for the USA.
Passports and visas
- your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay. You do not need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this
- the US Visa Waiver Programme (VWP) allows most British Citizen passport holders to visit the US for up to 90 days. The types of journey that are permissible under the VWP include tourism, certain types of business visit and transit to another country. If you have a British passport that describes your nationality as something other than ‘British Citizen’ you will need to get a visa
- all those travelling under the Visa Waiver Programme arriving by air or sea should provide details online at least 72 hours before travel. This is known as an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA). If you do not have an ESTA you will be refused entry to the USA. For more information and to apply online, visit the official ESTA website
- your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is not valid in the US and so comprehensive travel insurance is essential, even if you are only going for one night. It could save you a lot of money should you get into difficulty
- you must carry a form of identification with you at all times
- allow enough time to arrive at the venue, especially if it is your first time visiting
- bring identification if you are collecting or purchasing tickets on the day
- remember to look left when crossing the road and if driving keep to the right hand side
- note the legal age for alcohol in the United States is 21. You will be asked for valid identification to prove your age
- minimise the items you are bringing to the game; bags will be searched and you may be asked to dispose of items. For complete listings, visit your venue website
Emergency Telephone Numbers
Dial 911 for any emergencies while in the United States.
Should you need consular assistance, keep the details for your closest British embassy or consulate general in the US on hand.
|Saturday, 19 July||Seattle Sounders vs. Tottenham Hotspur||CenturyLink Field, Washington|
|Monday, 21 July||Sacramento Republic vs. West Bromwich Albion||Bonney Field, California|
|Wednesday, 23 July||Columbus Crew vs. Crystal Palace||Crew Stadium, Ohio|
|Wednesday, 23 July||FC Dallas vs. Aston Villa||USA Toyota Stadium, Texas|
|Wednesday, 23 July||AS Roma vs. Liverpool||Fenway Park, Massachusetts|
|Wednesday, 23 July||Sporting Kansas vs. Manchester City||Sporting Park, Kansas|
|Wednesday, 23 July||LA Galaxy vs. Manchester United||StubHub Center, California|
|Friday, 25 July||Sacramento Republic vs. West Bromwich Albion||Bonney Field, California|
|Saturday, 26 July||New York Red Bulls vs. Arsenal||Red Bull Arena, New Jersey|
|Saturday, 26 July||Houston Dynamo vs. Aston Villa||BBVA Compass Stadium, Texas|
|Saturday, 26 July||DC United vs. Fulham||Everbank Field, Florida|
|Saturday, 26 July||AS Roma vs. Manchester United||Sports Authority Field, Colorado|
|Saturday, 26 July||Chicago Fire vs. Tottenham Hotspur||Toyota Park, Illinois|
|Sunday, 27 July||Olympiacos vs. Liverpool||Soldier Field, Illinois|
|Sunday, 27 July||AC Milan vs. Manchester City||Heinz Field, Pennsylvania|
|Tuesday, 29 July||Inter Milan vs. Manchester United||Fedex Field, Maryland|
|Wednesday, 30 July||Manchester City vs. Liverpool||Yankee Stadium, New York|
|Saturday, 2 August||AC Milan vs. Liverpool||Bank of America Stadium, North Carolina|
|Saturday, 2 August||Real Madrid vs. Manchester United||Michigan Stadium, Michigan|
|Monday, 4 August||Liverpool vs. Manchester United||Sun Life Stadium, Florida|