This publication provides estimates of:
- the total number of separated families in Great Britain
- the number of children in those families
- the proportion of separated families with a child maintenance arrangement
- the proportion of families with a:
- ‘statutory’ child maintenance arrangement through the Child Maintenance Service (CMS) or its predecessor the Child Support Agency (CSA)
- ‘non-statutory’ arrangement (any other child maintenance arrangement not arranged through the CMS or CSA and may include private ‘family-based arrangements’)
The data is for the financial years 2014 to 2015, 2015 to 2016 and 2016 to 2017.
Read the background information and methodology explaining how the statistics are compiled.