- Natural England
- Part of:
- Natterjack toad licences, Freshwater and migratory fish licences, Invertebrate licences: European protected species, Otter licences, Reptile licences, and Class licences for wildlife management
- 6 October 2014
- Last updated:
- 1 January 2017, see all updates
- Applies to:
Get a licence to possess and transport dead specimens of certain animals for scientific or educational purposes (licence CL06).
PDF, 212KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This licence applies to the animals listed in annex IV of the EC Habitats Directive. It applies only to specimens taken from the wild before 21 August 2007.
The licence allows individuals who don’t belong to museums or research or educational establishments to possess dead specimens of these animals for scientific or educational purposes.
To register for this licence, you must notify Natural England in writing. Write to or email:
Wildlife licensing (Science, education and conservation)
Telephone 020 802 61089
You must keep a record of any specimens or derivatives you hold under this licence. You must update this information annually and make it available for inspection by Natural England at any time.
Once registered, you don’t need to re-register for this licence, but you must abide by its recording and reporting requirements to stay registered.
Published: 6 October 2014
Updated: 1 January 2017
- Annual licence update 2017.
- Replaced licence with new version issued 1 January 2016.
- Added updated class licence. New version valid from 1 January to 31 December 2015.
- First published.