Biannual technical publication offering advice and guidance on coatings for application to Royal Naval surface ships and submarines.
PDF, 3.45MB, 85 pages
PDF, 3.51MB, 93 pages
PDF, 4.45MB, 94 pages
Warpaint is published by Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) in March and September, and offers advice and guidance on coatings for application to Royal Naval surface ships and submarines.
Warpaint is the DE&S Ships main guidance document of acceptable paint coatings for in-service and new-build Royal Naval vessels. However, not all approved coatings are listed in Warpaint as paint manufacturers’ are constantly striving to improve their current paint systems. Consequently their ‘Whole ship specifications/annexes’ are regularly updated. Should a coating therefore be proposed which is not listed in Warpaint, confirmation of acceptance must be obtained from DES Ships WSpt-PEG-Husbandry.
The latest issue of BR3939 can be obtained from DES Ships WSpt-PEG-Husbandry if there is a justified business requirement.
Telephone: 030 679 36606
Published: 30 March 2010
Updated: 22 February 2017
- Added issue 41, March 2017
- Added Warpaint: issue 40, September 2016.
- Added Warpaint: issue 39, March 2016.
- Added latest issue 38 of Warpaint.
- Added Warpaint: issue 37, March 2015.
- Added issue 36 September 2014.
- Added "Issue 35: January 2014".
- Updated the statement about the future of the Warpaint publication.
- First published.