Pay VAT from your bank or building society account (VAT622)

Make a Bacs payment to pay the VAT you owe, or set up a standing order to make VAT annual accounting payments or VAT payments on account.


Pay VAT by Bacs or standing order - annual accounting or payment on account only (VAT622)


Use form VAT622 to set up a standing order or arrange a Bacs transfer.

You can only set up a standing order for:

You must send the completed form to your bank or building society.

For details about other ways to pay see Pay your VAT bill.

Before you start

If you’re using an older browser, for example, Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it as you cannot save a partly completed form.

Updates to this page

Published 8 September 2014
Last updated 30 January 2020 + show all updates
  1. Information about paying your VAT by Bacs or standing order has been updated.

  2. Welsh version of form VAT622 added to the page.

  3. First published.

Sign up for emails or print this page