V1: report your medical condition
Report certain types of medical conditions to DVLA if you're a car driver or motorcyclist.
Ref: V1 PDF, 280KB, 6 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Use this form to report these medical conditions:
- branch retinal vein occlusion
- diplopia (double vision)
- macular degeneration
- night blindness
- optic atrophy
- optic neuritis
- reduced visual acuity
- retinal treatment
- tunnel vision
- Usher syndrome
- visual field defects
- other related conditions
Check the list of health conditions if yours isn’t listed.
Use a different form to report these conditions if you have a lorry, bus or coach licence.
Find out what happens after you tell DVLA.
Published: 1 April 2012
Updated: 4 May 2017
- PDF updated
- updated V1 form - confidential medical information
- PDF updated
- Updated pdf.
- Changes have been made at questions 3g, details field has been added.
- Changes have been made at questions 3g, word ‘injections’ added at 'IF YES' to mirror question.
- Changes have been made to questions 3f and 3g.
- Changes have been made at questions 3b and 9, the DVLA logo has also been updated
- Original question 4 has been removed
- First published.