V1V: report your medical condition
Report certain types of medical conditions to DVLA if you're a lorry, bus or coach driver.
Ref: V1V PDF, 359KB, 6 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Use this form to report these medical conditions:
- branch retinal vein occlusion
- diplopia (double vision)
- macular degeneration
- night blindness
- optic atrophy
- optic neuritis
- reduced visual acuity
- retinal treatment
- tunnel vision
- Usher syndrome
- visual field defects
- other related conditions
Check the list of health conditions if yours isn’t listed.
Use a different form to report these conditions if you only have a car or motorcycle licence.
Find out what happens after you tell DVLA.
Published: 1 April 2012
Updated: 18 November 2016
- Updated pdf.
- Updated version.
- Updated PDF
- Changes have been made at questions 3c, word ‘injections’ added at 'IF YES' to mirror question.
- An additional question has been added within question 3 on the V1V form.
- The eyesight certificate page has been re-added.
- New version of the V1V added.
- Changes have been made at Q3, the consent and return form (last page) has also been changed.
- The whole form and acuity certificate has changed; the return form (last page) has also been updated.
- First published.