If a tenant is having difficulty paying their rent, fill in the UC47 form to request payment of rent from a tenant’s Universal Credit.
Ref: UC47 (secure) PDF, 78.1KB, 3 pages
Ref: UC47 (non-secure) PDF, 62.7KB, 3 pages
Use this service to request payment of rent directly from a tenant’s Universal Credit, if a tenant is having difficulty paying their rent.
If you cannot apply online, you can fill in the forms and post or email them.
Important information if you’re posting or emailing the form
Secure and non-secure UC47 forms are used for a landlord to request a managed payment or rent arrears deduction, or both from a tenant’s Universal Credit.
Help using these PDF forms
You can save information typed into these forms if you use Adobe Reader version XI or later.
The form will only save if the:
- form is saved onto your computer
- form is then opened in Adobe Reader version XI or later
The form will not save:
- in older versions of Adobe Reader
- with other PDF readers, for example Preview on a Mac or Foxit on a PC
- when open in a browser window
If you have a secure email address
If you have a GSI, GCSX, GSX, CJX, CJSM or GSE secure email address complete the UC47 Secure form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you send a UC47 secure version via a non-secure email address, we won’t process it because doesn’t comply with data protection legislation and the form will be deleted.
If you don’t have a secure email address
Complete the UC47 non-secure form and send it to email@example.com.
To send the form by post
If you prefer you can post the completed UC47 secure version to:
UNIVERSAL CREDIT LIVE SERVICE
This postal address is for tenants who live in a Universal Credit live service and Universal Credit full service areas.
Guidance on when to request a managed payment or rent arrears deduction, or both from a tenant’s Universal Credit can be found in the Personal Budgeting Support and Alternative Payment Arrangements guidance.
Published: 29 January 2014
Updated: 20 November 2017
- Replaced landlord request for a managed payment or rent arrears deduction, form UC47, with new versions.
- Added a link to the online service to request a managed payment or rent arrears deduction (English and Welsh).
- Added updated versions of the UC47 secure and non-secure forms in English and Welsh.
- First published.