The national cancer strategy: 4th annual report
Annual report on improving cancer outcomes.
The fourth annual Improving Outcomes: A Strategy for Cancer report, published in partnership with NHS England and Public Health England, reports on:
- progress against the ambition to save an additional 5,000 lives per year by 2015
- progress in the roll-out of the Bowel Scope Screening programme
- activity to promote earlier diagnosis of symptomatic cancers through the Be Clear on Cancer campaigns
- progress in ensuring better access for all to the best possible treatment, particularly radiotherapy
- developments in the collection and reporting of new datasets and the analysis of information , particularly accurate stage at diagnosis data for England
The government’s Mandate to NHS England sets out an ambition to make England one of the most successful countries in Europe at preventing premature deaths from all cancers.
By continuing our focus on prevention and early diagnosis and continuing to widen access to innovative treatment we will be able to achieve this goal.