Public Health Outcomes Framework 2013 to 2016
- Department of Health
- Part of:
- Health and social care outcomes frameworks, National Chlamydia Screening Programme (NCSP), Children's health, Smoking, Obesity and healthy eating, Drug misuse and dependency, Harmful drinking, and Cancer research and treatment
- First published:
- 23 January 2012
- Last updated:
- 10 December 2015, see all updates
- Applies to:
Sets out desired outcomes for public health and how they will be measured.
PDF, 826KB, 3 pages
PDF, 1.16MB, 4 pages
PDF, 362KB, 49 pages
PDF, 1.46MB, 58 pages
The Public Health Outcomes Framework concentrates on:
- increased healthy life expectancy
- reduced differences in life expectancy
- healthy life expectancy between communities
Local authorities must have regard to these documents in the exercise of their public health functions.
Annual update of PHOF technical documents
These are the latest versions of the 3 main PHOF documents, part 1A, part 1B and part 2. The updated technical specifications (Part 2) include all the technical changes that have been made to indicators throughout 2013.
‘Improving outcomes and supporting transparency: Updates to PHOF: summary of changes to technical specifications, December 2015’ summarises the changes that have been made to the technical specifications since the last publication in June 2015 and December 2014. These changes include new indicators that have been introduced, and changes that have been made to existing indicators.
Published: 23 January 2012
Updated: 10 December 2015
- Added document: 'Improving outcomes and supporting transparency: Updates to PHOF, summary of changes to technical specifications, December 2015.'
- Added 'Improving outcomes and supporting transparency: Updates to PHOF' and updated text
- Part 2 document updated to incorporate changes published as interim policy updates in June and August.
- This document includes a number of interim updates and corrections to the Part 2 document, “Part 2: Summary technical specifications of public health indicators – updated November 2013”. This document should be read in conjunction with the previously published complete Part 2 document.
- The annual PHOF update
- November 2012 versions of 'Public Health Outcomes Framework for England 2013 to 2016:Part 1A' and 'Part 1B' added, January 2012 versions deleted. Update to 'Summary Technical Specifications of Public Health Indicators: Part 2' added.
- First published.