TB restricted cattle: application for movement licence in England

Form to apply for a licence to move TB restricted cattle to or from holdings in England.


Application for a licence to move cattle to/from premises under TB restrictions (England)

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


When a holding in England has lost its Officially TB Free status, any movements of live cattle on to or off the premises can only be permitted with a licence issued by APHA.

If you need to request a licence, you must complete the application form TB204 and email it to APHA at

APHA will assess your request and contact you to confirm whether the licence can be approved or not. It may be necessary for APHA to request further information to inform the decision.

See the Bovine TB: get your cattle tested in England guidance for further information.

Published 6 November 2017
Last updated 2 November 2018 + show all updates
  1. Application for licence to move cattle to/from premises under TB restriction in England updated
  2. Data protection statement updated on form
  3. Form updated
  4. First published.