Rules for how you can adapt qualifications for students with disabilities.
This document sets out rules on the changes you can and can’t make to certain qualifications to cater for students with disabilities. It currently applies to:
- GCSEs and entry-level certificates in GCSE subjects
- A levels, AS qualifications, advanced extension awards (AEA), Cambridge IGCSE, Cambridge Pre-U qualifications and International IGCSEs (level 1/2 certificates)
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) qualifications
- functional skills and free standing mathematics qualifications
- principal learning and project qualifications
- Cambridge international certificates and international baccalaureate diplomas
We set these rules using our powers under section 96 of the Equality Act 2010.
September 2017 update
The Department for Education (DfE) has amended the list of qualifications these specifications apply to. We have updated the appendix to this document to include the revised list.