Rules for how you can adapt qualifications for students with disabilities.
This document sets out rules on the changes you can and can’t make to certain qualifications to cater for students with disabilities. It currently applies to:
- GCSEs and entry-level certificates in GCSE subjects
- A levels, AS qualifications, advanced extension awards (AEA) and Cambridge Pre-U qualifications
- functional skills, key skills and free standing mathematics qualifications
- principal learning and project qualifications
- general national vocational qualifications (GNVQs)
- certificates in adult literacy and adult numeracy
- Cambridge international certificates, international baccalaureate diplomas and Welsh baccalaureate qualification core certificates
We set these rules using our powers under section 96 of the Equality Act 2010.
December 2016 update
The version of our specifications published here will come into effect on 1 January 2017. You can find the previous version at the National Archives website.
We have also recommended that the Department for Education makes changes to the legislation which sets out the qualifications covered by these rules.