Quality assurance (QA) visits are carried out by the Public Health England screening quality assurance service (SQAS).
The evidence for this report comes from:
- routine monitoring data collected by the NHS screening programmes
- data and reports from external organisations
- evidence submitted by the provider(s), commissioner and external organisations
- information collected during review visits to the screening centre office at Hydra House, the radiology and pathology departments at Doncaster Royal Infirmary and Royal Hallamshire Hospital and the pathology departments at Barnsley General Hospital and Rotherham District Hospital
- information shared with the north regional SQAS as part of the visit process