Salisbury Plain (Imber Range Perimeter Path)
A long distance circular walk around the Imber Live Firing Range.
A long distance circular walk around the Imber Live Firing Range giving views across Salisbury Plain and the surrounding Wiltshire and Somerset countryside.
- full circuit 30 miles, 2 to 3 days
- moderate to difficult, take in sections
The attached plan of Larkhill ranges shows the recent re-routing of a number of rights of way. This supersedes any earlier ordnance survey maps which are now out of date. Those routes which have been stopped up are signed as such on the ground and current routes are sign posted or way marked.
Published: 1 August 2009
Updated: 17 June 2015
- Added link to Salisbury Plain: public safety at Imber leaflet
- Removed Salisbury Plain newsletters as have now moved to new page.
- Added Larkhill public rights of way map.
- Added April edition of Salisbury Plain newsletter.
- Added new issue of the Salisbury Plain newsletter for March 2014.
- Added newsletter for February 2014.
- Added new newsletter for January 2014.
- Added December 2013 edition of newsletter.
- Published November issue of Salisbury Plain 2013 newsletter.
- Added the Salisbury Plain Training Area newsletter for October which includes provisional dates for training Exercises due to take place between now and June 2014.
- Added 'Salisbury Plain Training Area newsletter: September 2013'
- Added August edition of newsletter
- Added the SPTA Newsletter - July 2013
- Added May 2013 issue of the Salisbury Plain Training Area (SPTA) newsletter
- Added the April 2013 Salisbury Plain training area newsletter
- First published.