RDPE programme document 2014 to 2020
Formal programme document setting out, in detail, what the Rural Development Programme for England will achieve.
PDF, 9.26MB, 774 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
PDF, 246KB, 23 pages
This formal document sets out, in detail, what the Rural Development Programme (RDPE) for England will achieve between 2014 and 2020. We’ve also added our advisory note on how state aid rules will apply.
All of these are long, detailed, technical documents. If you want to know more about the schemes available under RDPE, read our rural grants and payments guidance.
This programme document was originally adopted by the European Commission on 13 February 2015. It follows the format laid down in the EU Implementation Regulation (EC 808/2014).
The latest version of the document represents our first Programme modification and was adopted on 4 July 2016. It includes adjustments that were requested by the Commission, proposals from Defra, and the setting up of the emergency Farming Recovery Fund.
The document includes:
- the overall strategy for the programme between 2014 and 2020
- an assessment of the main needs to be addressed by the Rural Development Programme
- a description of the Rural Development measures being implemented
- financial information on the programme, and a set of programme indicators that will be used to measure progress against the programme’s targets
- a plan of how the programme will be evaluated
- information on how the programme will be publicised and who will carry out the programme’s activities
- information on how the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), European Social Fund (ESF) and European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) funded programmes complement each other
The programme document consists of 19 main Chapters and various annexes.
State aid rules
Our advisory note sets out the legal framework and rationale for applying state aid rules to payments made under 2014-20 Rural Development Programme for England. It is used as a reference by those making decisions about applications for RDPE support.
Published: 17 February 2015
Updated: 8 August 2016
- Programme document updated following our first Programme modification (adopted 4 July 2016), includes adjustments that were requested by the Commission, proposals from Defra and setting up of the emergency Farming Recovery Fund.
- Updated state aids document added.
- Added document on Impact of EU State Aid rules.
- First published.