- Department for Education and Education Funding Agency
- Part of:
- Funding allocations to local authorities paid outside of the local government finance settlement 2016 to 2017
- 17 December 2015
- Last updated:
- 31 March 2017, see all updates
- Applies to:
Pupil premium funding allocations and conditions of grant for the financial year 2016 to 2017.
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 172KB
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 31.1MB
We calculate final funding allocation tables using:
- January 2016 school census data
- looked-after children numbers from the March 2015 children looked after return (also known as SSDA903)
The ‘Pupil premium 2016 to 2017: conditions of grant’ show the conditions that academies and local authorities must meet to receive the pupil premium.
Read more guidance on the pupil premium, including how schools should spend it and how we hold them accountable.
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils.
Published: 17 December 2015
Updated: 31 March 2017
- Added ‘Pupil premium 2016 to 2017: local-authority- and parliamentary-constituency-level allocations’ and ‘Pupil premium 2016 to 2017: school-level allocations’ documents to show data up to March 2017.
- Updated the conditions of grant to include dates of payments of pupil premium grant to academies and free schools.
- Updated both pupil premium final allocation tables.
- Added 2016 to 2017 pupil premium allocations.
- First published.