Private Motor Insurance Market Investigation Order 2015
- Competition and Markets Authority
- Part of:
- Markets and monopolies register of orders, undertakings and directions and Competition law
- 18 March 2015
- Last updated:
- 20 July 2016, see all updates
The order provides measures to increase competition in the car insurance market and reduce the cost of premiums for drivers.
PDF, 333KB, 21 pages
PDF, 423KB, 21 pages
This order was made under the market investigations provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002.
- bans agreements between price comparison websites (PCWs) and insurers which stop insurers from making their products available more cheaply on other online platforms
- ensures better information for consumers on the costs and benefits of no-claims bonus protection
Businesses are requested to submit their compliance statements by email to PMI.Order@cma.gsi.gov.uk. The CMA will only contact you if we require further information.
The first annual private motor insurance compliance statement was due at the CMA on 1 August 2016.
Please see the explanatory note above for how the order is expected to operate.
Published: 18 March 2015
Updated: 20 July 2016
- Compliance statements email address added.
- First published.