Guidance for cattle keepers on pre-movement and post-movement testing of cattle in England, Scotland and Wales to control the spread of bovine TB.
Ref: TBYHGB-04 PDF, 372KB, 21 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Pre-movement and post-movement TB testing is in place to help the reduce the spread of TB from the movement of cattle especially to areas that are free of disease.
This guidance explains these statutory TB testing requirements when moving cattle in England, Wales and Scotland, and across the borders of each country. The testing rules are different in each country.
Published: 2 October 2014
Updated: 29 September 2017
- Updated guidance due to changes in Wales from 1 October 2017
- Document updated due to changes to post-movement testing in the low risk area of England
- Guidance updated - December 2015
- Guidance reviewed and updated - most revisions in the sections relevant to Scotland
- AHVLA documents have been re-assigned to the new Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA). Guidance document reviewed and updated, October 2014 version published.
- First published.