Lasting or enduring power of attorney fee: exemption or remission
Apply to pay less (an exemption or a remission) to register a lasting or enduring power of attorney.
Use this form if you need help with the:
- £110 application fee to register a lasting power of attorney (LPA) or an enduring power of attorney (EPA)
- £55 repeat application fee to register an LPA or EPA
If the person who made the LPA or EPA (the donor) receives certain means-tested benefits when you apply to register it, you won’t have to pay anything (this is called an ‘exemption’). The benefits are listed in the form.
If the donor’s income before tax is less than £12,000 a year, you will only have to pay half (this is known as a ‘50 per cent remission’).
The form also explains how and when to pay the fees.
To request any document in an alternative format such as Braille, audio or large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your address and telephone number and the title of the document you need.
Published: 24 June 2013
Updated: 16 October 2013
- Updated text to explain in more detail how exemptions and remissions apply.
- Replaced LPA120 form to reflect new power of attorney application fees from 1 October 2013
- Details of application fees added to page description, including information about fee changes on 1 October 2013.
- First published.