Detailed guidance about Personal Independence Payment - the benefit for people with a health condition or disability.
This handbook is intended for individuals and organisations that support people with health conditions or disabilities, and who may be eligible to claim Personal Independence Payment (PIP). It equips you to offer up-to-date information about PIP or direct claimants to other sources of help.
The handbook covers the following topics:
- assessment criteria
- access to other benefits and services
- reassessing existing DLA claimants
- how to make a claim
- completing the ‘How your disability affects you’ form
- assessment process and assessment providers
- decision and payment
- changes in circumstance
- special rules for terminal illness
- supporting young people to claim
- disputes process
Previously published PIP factsheets
This handbook replaces the collection of previously available PIP factsheets. We have condensed and revised the contents to provide the latest guidance on PIP as of April 2014.