Detailed guidance about Personal Independence Payment – the benefit for people with a health condition or disability.
This handbook is for individuals and organisations that support people who may be entitled to Personal Independence Payment (PIP). It provides up to date information about PIP and lists other sources of help for claimants.
The handbook covers:
- the conditions of entitlement
- assessment criteria
- access to other benefits and services
- reassessing existing DLA claimants
- how to make a claim
- completing the ‘How your disability affects you’ form
- assessment process and assessment providers
- decision and payment
- changes in circumstance
- special rules for terminal illness
- supporting young people to claim
- disputes process
Previously published PIP factsheets
This handbook replaces the collection of previously available PIP factsheets.