Pension Credit toolkit
Use this collection of advice, guidance, facts and posters to help older people understand how they could get Pension Credit.
PDF, 81.1KB, 5 pages
PDF, 1.08MB, 1 page
PDF, 1.21MB, 1 page
PDF, 1.2MB, 1 page
PDF, 1.15MB, 1 page
PDF, 117KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This toolkit is for anyone who works with pensioners. Use it to help older people understand how they may get extra money every week by:
- increasing understanding in your organisation
- helping your customers to find out if they could get Pension Credit
Go to www.gov.uk/pension-credit for basic information about Pension Credit and how to claim.
What’s in the toolkit?
For those of you who don’t have much time, we’ve included quick guides to entitlement and Pension Credit facts.
The toolkit also contains:
- guides to help you understand Pension Credit
- common reasons why pensioners don’t claim
- ideas for events and dealing with the media
- useful contacts
Published: 16 August 2013
Updated: 16 March 2017
- Minor updates to the 'Pension Credit and help for disabled people' document.
- Replaced 'Charts to check who can get Pension Credit' with updated version.
- Updated the information about DLA in 'Pension Credit and help for disabled people'.
- Updated the Pension Credit toolkit document to take account of the changes from April 2016.
- Published revised version of 'Charts to check who can get Pension Credit'.
- Published revised versions of the help for disabled people, press article and press feature documents. Removed the reference to the full benefits check in the 'Other useful tips' section of the advice and guidance' document (because they're no longer available).
- Updated the advice and guidance for stakeholders with new figures from April 2015.
- Amended the toolkit to bring the amounts and dates in line with current legislation. Published updated versions of 'Pension Credit and help for disabled people', the press article template and the press feature.
- Replaced charts to check who can get Pension Credit with updated versions.
- First published.