Pension Credit claim form

Use this form to claim Pension Credit by post if you cannot claim online by phone.


Pension Credit claim form

Notes about claiming Pension Credit


Read the Pension Credit guidance before you apply.

You can also claim Pension Credit online or by phone.

If you have savings of £10,000 or more

If your money, savings and investments add up to more than £10,000, fill in form PC1H: money, savings and investments. Return this form with your Pension Credit claim form.

Fill in the form on screen

You can only fill in the form on screen using a desktop or laptop computer. You cannot complete the form using a mobile phone or tablet.

If you cannot fill in the form on screen, you can print the claim form and fill it in with a pen.

If you’re using a desktop or laptop computer

Use a PDF reader to open and fill in this form. You can download a free PDF reader online.

If you are using screen reader software to access the form, we recommend that you review all of the notes and the questions on the form before you complete it. As you complete the form, you will be guided through the questions based on the responses you provide.

Do not use your computer’s browser or, if you are an Apple Macintosh user, the Preview application.

You can save data typed into this form if you use a PDF reader. This means that you do not have to fill in the form in one session.

There are reliability issues with some assistive software, which may mean the form will not save properly.

This form will only save if it is both:

  • saved onto your computer
  • opened in a recent version of PDF reader

The form will not save in:

  • versions of Acrobat Reader older than version XI
  • some other PDF readers, for example Preview on a Mac or Foxit on a PC

Help using this PDF claim form

For help and advice on the information you need to put on the form or about the benefit you want to claim, contact the Pension Credit claim line.

Contact the DWP Online Helpdesk, if you are having technical difficulties:

  • downloading the form
  • navigating around the form
  • printing the form

DWP online helpdesk


Telephone 0800 169 0154

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
Closed weekends and all public and bank holidays

Find out about call charges

If you need this form in a different format

You, a friend or a family member can contact the Pension Credit claim line to ask for:

  • a printed copy of the form
  • a different format, such as large print, braille or audio CD

You can also contact a voluntary organisation (for example Citizens Advice or Age UK) in your area.

Published 7 April 2020
Last updated 20 December 2023 + show all updates
  1. Replaced the PC1 Pension Credit claim form. In the previous version, question 115 asked the claimant to go to question 118 if they select the ‘No’ option. It now asks them to go to question 117.

  2. Updated the 'Pension Credit claim form' (PC1) and also the 'Money, savings and investments of more than £10,000' form (PC1H).

  3. Updated details with more information on how to claim Pension Credit using the forms.

  4. Updated Pension Credit claim form PC1 and PC1 notes (English and Welsh). Added new form 'Money, savings and investments' - PC1H (English and Welsh).

  5. Updated the English versions of the interactive form and notes, and the Welsh version of the standard form and notes. The Welsh interactive form will be added at a later date.

  6. English version of notes document has been updated. Interactive version of claim form has been added.

  7. Welsh claim form and notes documents updated.

  8. Updated Pension Credit claim form to a version you can print and fill in with a pen.

  9. First published.