Quality assurance (QA) aims to maintain national standards and promote continuous improvement in diabetic eye screening. This is to ensure that all eligible people have access to a consistent high quality service wherever they live.
QA visits are carried out by the Public Health England screening quality assurance service (SQAS).
The evidence for this report comes from:
- routine monitoring of data collected by the NHS screening programmes
- data and reports from external organisations (linked hospital eye services contribute to service data reports)
- evidence submitted by the provider(s) and commissioners
- information collected during observation visits
- information shared with the London SQAS as part of the visit process