MSN 1802 Certificates of competency: yacht deck officer training and guidance
This publication was withdrawn on
MSN 1802 has been replaced by MSN 1858
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Part of:
- Training requirements: merchant navy officers, ratings, yacht officers, Ensign large yacht services: yacht management, Merchant shipping notices (MSNs), and Maritime sector
- 28 September 2006
Information about deck officer certificates for commercially and privately operated yachts and sail training vessels.
MSN 1802 Certificates of competency: yacht deck officers training and certification guidance - part A7
Ref: MSN 1802 (M) PDF, 365KB, 39 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This MSN has been replaced by MSN 1858
This notice is for all:
- deck officers and ratings of merchant vessels
- crews of commercially and privately operated yachts and sail training vessels
- those concerned with maritime training.
This merchant shipping notice (MSN) replaces MGN 195 (M) and MIN 202 (M) (or subsequent amendments). It provides details of the certificate system for deck officers serving in:
- commercial yachts or sail training vessels of 24 metres and over in loadline length and of less than 3000 gross tonnage (gt) and which do not carry cargo and do not carry more than 12 passengers, covered by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) large commercial yacht code (LY2)
- privately owned yachts not in commercial use, of 24 metres and over in loadline length and of less than 3000gt used for sport
Published: 28 September 2006