Money laundering supervision: apply for the fit and proper test (MLR101)
Money service businesses or trust or company service providers should use form MLR101 only if they're not yet registered online.
Ref: MLR101 PDF, 226KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
If you have registered using the online service, there’s no need to send form MLR101 for responsible persons. The fit and proper test is part of the online registration. You’ll have paid the appropriate fees when you applied to register.
Use form MLR101 to apply for the fit and proper test as part of your registration with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you’re not yet registered online.
Before you start
This form is interactive (one that you complete on screen) and you must use Adobe Reader to complete it. Downloading Adobe Reader is free. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
HMRC is creating new versions of their forms that don’t depend on Adobe Reader. Whilst this work is in progress the following methods can be used to ensure the form will download or open in Adobe Reader:
- whatever browser you are using, review your settings to make Adobe Reader the default program for opening PDF documents
- Windows users should right click on the form link then select ‘Save target as’ or ‘Save link as’
- Mac users should right click on the form link then select “Save linked file as”
- save the form - the recommended place is in the documents folder
- using Adobe Reader you can open the form
If the form still doesn’t open, then contact the Online Services helpdesks for more help.
Published: 4 April 2014
Updated: 9 February 2017
- If you've registered online, there's no need to complete form MLR101 for responsible persons.
- Welsh MLR101 added to the page.
- Text edited on the landing page.
- First published.