- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Tuberculosis (TB) and other mycobacterial diseases: diagnosis, screening, management and data and Public health in prisons and secure settings
- 1 May 2013
Screening for tuberculosis (TB) in prisons, treating TB and reporting cases - guidance for prison healthcare teams.
PDF, 322KB, 16 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance covers:
- screening new prisoners for TB
- handling people who develop symptoms in prison
- reporting cases of TB
- managing people with existing conditions
- treating people with confirmed pulmonary TB
- treating people with extra pulmonary TB or with latent TB infection
- discharging or transferring people with TB
Published: 1 May 2013