Leases: determination (PG26)
How leases are determined and how this affects registered titles (practice guide 26).
This guide gives you information about the different situations in which leases are determined and how the determination affects registered titles. It gives advice on how to lodge your application with HM Land Registry and sets out the documentation required in support of your application.
The guide is aimed at conveyancers and you should interpret references to ‘you’ accordingly.
We only provide factual information and impartial advice about our procedures. Read more about the advice we give.
Published: 13 October 2003
Updated: 30 August 2016
- References to a leasehold valuation tribunal in section 8.1 have been changed to ‘the appropriate tribunal’ as there are now different tribunals in England and Wales.
- Section 2.1.2 has been amended to make clear when the applicant needs to provide evidence to remove a form A restriction on surrender of a lease.
- Section 12.1 has been amended to explain that a separate application may be needed to register any registrable disposition where enlargement of a lease is not possible.
- Link to the advice we offer added.
- Welsh version added.
- Section 2.1.1 has been amended to clarify our practice when an application to determine a registered lease does not include reference to a registered reversionary title.
- First published.