The new figures show that:
- 8 million jobs have now been furloughed with £11.1 billion claimed so far through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
- 2 million Self-employment Income Support (SEISS) claims have been submitted worth £6.1 billion
- Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBLS) has seen 464,393 approved loans so far worth £14.18 billion
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) has seen 40,564 loans worth £7.25 billion approved so far
- the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS) has seen 86 approved loans totalling £0.59 billion
Welcoming the statistics, Chancellor Rishi Sunak said:
“Our plan to support businesses and individuals is one of the most comprehensive in the world. As these figures show, we are currently supporting millions of workers and businesses through these tough times so we can recover as quickly as possible.”
Updated figures for the schemes will be published each week.
The latest CJRS and SEISS figures can be found here.