Landfill Tax: provide insolvency details (LT769)

Use the online form service or postal form LT769 to tell HMRC a Landfill Tax-registered business is now insolvent.


Notify using online form (sign-in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)

Notify using the print and post form


To notify HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that a business registered for Landfill Tax has become insolvent, you can either:

  • use the online form service (sign-in to or set up a Government Gateway account
  • fill in the form on-screen, print and post to HMRC

To fill in this form you’ll need:

  • your Insolvency Registration number
  • your reference or court reference

Before you start to fill in the print and post form

If you’re using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Excise Notice LFT1: a general guide to Landfill Tax
This notice gives a general guide to Landfill Tax, which is a tax on the disposal of waste to landfill.

Published 9 June 2014
Last updated 31 May 2016 + show all updates
  1. An online form service is now available.
  2. First published.