Influenza immunisation information for public health professionals, including updates.
PDF, 462KB, 31 pages
PDF, 323KB, 8 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Published: 20 March 2013
Updated: 28 August 2015
- Clarification regarding asthma and egg allergy; updated background on the decision to extend vaccination to children, the choice of the LAIV vaccine and the benefit of quadrivalent vaccines.
- Extension of the influenza programme to children section has been deleted.
- The flu chapter of the Green Book has been updated to reflect the latest guidance from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation in readiness for the 2015 to 2016 influenza season.
- The flow chart at figure 19.2 (page 203) has been updated.
- Fluarix trivalent inactivated flu vaccine added to table 19.6 (version 8.0). Please note that the previous version of this chapter was incorrectly labelled v6_0, it should have been v7_0.
- In Table 19.6, InfluvacDesu® vaccine has been renamed Influvac®.
- The information regarding the administration of flu vaccine to those with egg allergy has been clarified.
- Information about the use of flu vaccines in those with egg-allergy has been clarified.
- Four-year-olds erroneously omitted from the flow chart in the children not in a clinical at-risk group have now been added.
- Chapter fully updated to reflect the influenza vaccination programme for winter 2014 to 2015.
- Chapter largely rewritten to bring it into line with the current policies and procedures for the administration of the flu vaccine for winter 2013 to 2014.
- Updated Body text to include a link to National Archives (chapter update patches) and NHS Choices.
- First published.