Get your Income Tax right if you're leaving the UK

To claim tax relief or a tax refund if you've left the UK, use the online form service (P85).


Claim online (sign-in or set up a Government Gateway account)

Claim by post (use this version if you’re an agent or if you can’t use the online form)


If you’ve left the UK

To claim tax relief or any tax refund you’re owed and to tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about any UK income you continue to get, you can either:

  • use the online service (sign-in or set up a Government Gateway account)
  • fill in form on-screen, print and post to HMRC

If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.

Before you start the postal form

If you’re using an older browser, for example Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the postal form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so you should gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Send the completed form to:

Pay As You Earn
HM Revenue and Customs

You don’t need to include a street name, city name or PO box in the address.

Published 1 January 2013
Last updated 15 May 2017 + show all updates
  1. The English and Welsh print and post forms have been updated.
  2. An online service is now available.
  3. Added translation