Guidance for healthcare practitioners about the inactivated influenza vaccine.
Ref: PHE publications gateway number 2017248 PDF, 323KB, 17 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document about the inactivated influenza vaccine is intended for healthcare practitioners and includes detailed information on:
- the background of the programme
- vaccine handling, administration and constituents
- eligibility and resource
View and download the accompanying slide set.
Published: 19 October 2016
Updated: 15 August 2017
- Added link to slideset for the 2017 to 2018 national flu immunisation programme; for viewing and downloading.
- Revised guidance for the 2017 to 2018 flu season.
- Updated to include questions on air bubbles in pre-filled syringes and giving flu vaccine to patients taking oral anticoagulants.
- First published.