Planning how to target efforts on important wildlife and habitat sites to get them into a healthy state.
Natural England is leading the 2 year programme in partnership with the Environment Agency with support from the European Union’s LIFE+ Nature and Biodiversity programme. Full details are in the document above.
Updates on the programme
- May 2015 – IPENS summary report is published. See full news story
- November 2014 – Atmospheric nitrogen and Natura 2000 workshop notes and presentation are published
- October 2014 – first Site Improvement Plans are published
- May 2014 - IPENS host ‘Climate change- ecosystem services approach for adaptation and mitigation’ meeting
- April 2014 - IPENS Innovation Workshop: finding new ways of tackling some of the most challenging problems affecting Natura 2000 sites
- February 2014 – IPENS identifies priorities for action for Natura 2000 network in England
Background information from Natural England and other bodies
- IPENS Natural England publications
- Joint Nature Conservation Committee: European nature conservation
- LIFE Natura 2000 Programme for Wales
Images from the programme
See the Natural England IPENS Flickr album.
If you would like to contribute information or ideas to the programme or to find out more information, please email: IPENSLIFEProject@naturalengland.org.uk or contact the IPENS programme manager, Samantha Somers firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: 0300 0601189.