Make an amendment to export declarations (C81)

Use the online form service or postal form (C81) to make an amendment to export declarations, export statistical schedules for statistical purposes only.


Online form service

Print and post form (use this version if you're an agent or if you can't use the online form)


Use this form to make a change to export declarations, export statistical schedules and data sent by period entry or through CHIEF.

This form is used for statistical purposes only. Revisions to trade statistics are made in accordance with EU legislation. You should enter the details from the original entry and the amended details.

You can either:

  • use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
  • fill in form on-screen, print and post it to HM Revenue and Customs

If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.

Information you’ll need

You’ll need the following details to hand to help you complete the online form:

  • company details
  • details of the declaration you want to amend, including Unique Consignment Reference, Entry Processing Unit, entry number, and date of shipment
  • details of the declaration entries you want to amend, including what you originally declared, and the correct details

Before you start using the postal form

If you’re using an older browser, for example, Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so we suggest you gather all your information together before you begin to fill it in.

Additional forms and guidance

UK Trade Tariff: exports
Guidance on export procedures and requirements including customs input entries, and fallback procedures.

Published 4 April 2014
Last updated 8 September 2016 + show all updates
  1. An online forms service is now available.
  2. First published.